BA (Hons) 3D Games Art & Design
This course focuses on high-end 3D games art and has been recognised as one of the best courses
of its kind. It explores the digital modelling of characters and environments, shading techniques and
level creation. You will explore the design side as well by using the latest software in our award-winning Film, Music and Media Building. You’ll discover how to create optimised shapes and textures
and apply them to real-time 3D graphics. You’ll also explore games and gaming trends, looking at
scenarios that can be applied to PCs, consoles and interactivity and VR. This course is accredited by
Creative Skillset, reflecting the highest standard of teaching.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
• Experience high levels and intensive engagement with the latest software and animation techniques.
• Explore game narrative and interactivity.
• Concentrates on essential skills needed such as design of character, narrative and drawing.
• Expert in areas regarding conceptual research, artwork and design for major project such as creating assets, teams create.
Course code: GME61024
Course type: Advanced
Course fee: £23,000 per year
Course duration: 3 years
Course delivery: Campus and work placement
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have
sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Animated Thinking: histories, theories, contexts
• CG Practices and Techniques
• Digital Art
• Creativity, Concept and Story
• Moving Image
• Games Design
• Interactivity and Professional Practices for Games
Work-based learning Opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
• Trainee Audio Worker
• Trainee Background Artist
• Trainee Animator
• Trainee Game Developer
• Trainee Content Designer
Learners completing this course can progress to:
• Level 7 Master in Games Art & Design
- Start Course: September 2021
- Duration: 3 years
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: advanced