BA (Hons) Accounting
Curious about financial matters within companies? Want to kick-start your career with professional
accreditations before you’ve even left university? Then we might just have the course for you. Our Accounting programme was developed together with professional bodies and industry-leading experts. This ensures you receive an education that is valued by the industry. Due to this recognised
standard, you’ll also be able to get exemptions from various professional examinations. This means
you can become a fully qualified accountant sooner.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
• Explore financial information within companies and corporations and learn to analyse it.
• Focus on financial reporting, management accounting and financial management as well as learning the methods of enquiry and problem-solving.
• Investigate the different sides of the business and developed the essential skills.
Course code: ACC6014
Course type: Advanced
Course fee: £23,000 per year
Course duration: 3 years
Course delivery: Campus and work placement
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have
sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Accounting Principles
To gain an introduction to financial accounting, management accounting and finance, suitable for those who intend to specialise in these areas subsequently.
• The Accounting Professional
The module provides students with a series of academic skills and study strategies underpinning subsequent studies and successful graduation. The module is composed of several themes which will include communication, thinking and methods of enquiry, IT literacy, numeracy and the nature of knowledge.
• Business Operations and Leadership
This module provides accounting students with an introduction to business and explores the role of the accountant in business. The module highlights both operational and leadership activities undertaken by accountants. The module will look at the function of business from different perspectives, including looking at the role of key stakeholders, the role of employment and social services.
• Analytical Techniques for Accountants
This module introduces the student to a number of essential mathematical and statistical techniques that are used in business in general, and in accounting and finance in particular. Particular attention will be paid to the circumstances in which the methods considered should be employed.
• Information Technology for Accountants
This module introduces students to accounting software and spreadsheets used in organisational environments. Students will learn how to use an accounting software package and will also develop their spreadsheet skills and modelling abilities using best practice methodologies and techniques.
• Financial Management
The module introduces students to the main theory and practice of the financing of companies, the allocation and management of financial resources within a company and the rewarding of the providers of a company’s financing. Specific topics covered include the financial environment; sources of business finance; capital budgeting, the cost of capital and capital structure; dividend policy; investment risk, portfolio theory and the capital asset pricing model; valuation of assets, shares and companies; mergers and acquisitions.
Work-based learning Opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
• Trainee Chartered Accountant
• Trainee Tax Adviser
• Trainee Retail Banker
• Trainee Chartered Public Finance Accountant
• Trainee Chartered Management Accountant
Learners completing this course can progress to:
• Level 7 Master in Accounting
- Start Course: September 2021
- Duration: 3 years
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: advanced