BA (Hons) Business and Event Management
A business degree is a powerful, career-launching qualification, and if you’re interested in a career
in business, combining two subjects will give you sought-after skills, exciting experiences and a whole
world of future career opportunities. You’ll develop a specialist in event management that could see you planning corporate events, concerts, festivals or sports fixtures, right across the globe. You’ll get
hands-on experience on a live event management project, hear from industry-leading guest speakers and go on rewarding field trips.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
• Develop the necessary skills for events management by working on live events.
• Dive straight into understanding how business operates.
• Develop a specialism in event management that could see you planning corporate events, concerts, festivals or sports fixtures, right across the globe.
• Examines the environment within which organisations operate and the role of marketing within the organisation.
Course code: BUS6364
Course type: Advanced
Course fee: £23,000 per year
Course duration: 3 years
Course delivery: Campus and work placement
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have
sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Principles of Marketing
This initial marketing module, which assumes no prior knowledge of marketing, aims to introduce students to some of the key ideas of marketing and is suitable for both marketing and non-marketing students. It examines the environment within which organisations operate and the role of marketing within the organisation so that students can understand the context within which marketing personnel work and the different activities which are carried out under the umbrella term of ‘marketing’.
• Economics for Business
This module aims to enable students to understand the economic context of modern business by introducing and developing an appreciation of the utility of economic approaches in studying the business environment. The basic tools and approaches which economists use; demand and supply and industry analysis, among others; will be introduced and applied to help understand the economic issues involved and the public policy which can be derived.
• Quantitative Methods for Business (UJH)
This module introduces the student to a number of essential mathematical and statistical techniques that are extensively used in business and management. Particular attention will be paid to the circumstances in which the methods considered should be employed.
• Accounting for Managers
The module provides an introduction to accounting from the manager’s viewpoint. Areas covered include the collection and reporting of accounting information to both internal and external users, as well as the use and interpretation of publicity available accounting information. The role of accounting in supporting the management functions of planning, control and decision-making is also covered.
• HR Management for the Tourism & Event Industry
This module aims to identify the knowledge and skills essential in managing and developing people in the labour-intensive industry. It is essential for students to possess a holistic view of employees’ needs; management’s wants and industrial relations in order to create sustainability in the Tourism Hospitality and Event industries. The module covers topics such as current trends and issues in the industries in general, and a range of approaches to manage and develop people in these industries in particular.
• The Global Event Industry
The global Events Industry takes planned event examples from around the world to demonstrate similarities and differences, in management styles, sectors and cultures. Students learn about planning a range of events; and how different management functions work together to create successful event experiences.
Work-based learning Opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
• Trainee Event Manager
• Trainee Hotel Manager
• Trainee Restaurant Manager
• Trainee Public House Manager
• Trainee Conference Centre Manager
Learners completing this course can progress to:
• Level 7 Master in Business and Event Management
- Start Course: September 2021
- Duration: 3 years
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: advanced