MBA with Project Management (Standard)
The 100% online MBA with Project Management provides you with the tools to do so, developing skills in scoping, planning, resource management, and project delivery. This MBA is ideally suited to both project managers who want to advance into more senior and stretching roles as well as professionals from other functions and backgrounds who are seeking a career move into project management.
This course involves a real-world project that is supported by a sponsor and will include both research and a practical element. It is an opportunity to impress not only your academic assessors but also potential employers.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
Course Code: MPM7083
Course type: Standard
Course fee: £13,380 per year
Course duration: 2 year
Course delivery: Online and work placement
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognized degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years of relevant organizational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management, etc.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Certificate should not be more than 5 years old at the time of your application)
The online MBA with Project Management will enable you to scope, plan, manage resources, and deliver on project plans effectively, efficiently, and decisively.
You will explore the processes and tools that project managers can use to manage risk and effect programs of change, ensuring they remain resilient and successful. In addition, you will build a broad-based knowledge and skill set across leadership, management, and other key areas business.
What you will be studying
- Project Management
This module provides you with a critical understanding of the core concepts of project management. In addition to exploring the tools, methods, and processes used in the field, the module will provide opportunities for you to reflect on how these might be applied across a range of sectors, from complex industrial projects to multifaceted art and social projects. Throughout the module, you will examine the use of appropriate software tools to support the project planning and management processes.
- Risk and Change Management
In order to succeed, organizations need to manage the multitude of risks that exist in the modern world. This often means that organizations must be dynamic in a changing environment and be able to instigate and realize programs of change. In this module you will explore the processes and tools that organizations and project managers can use to manage risk and effect change, thus ensuring they remain resilient and successful.
- Global Corporate, Responsibility and Ethics
This module develops critical insights into corporate social and environmental responsibility. Corporations have a clear ability to influence and shape the environment, our choices as consumers, the rules of government, and the quality of our working lives. The module examines contemporary themes using case studies to illustrate the complex relationship between business and society and the alternative frameworks through which the subject can be considered. It explores the issues of accountability and regulation and considers alternative forms of organizing such as co-operatives and partnerships in order to question whether these structures enable organizations to engage with the broader aims of corporate social and environmental responsibility.
- Operations Management
Operations management is the administration of business practices designed to establish the highest level of efficiency within an organization. You will appreciate how to focus on the conversion of materials and labour into goods and services as effectively and efficiently as possible in order to maximize profit. You will also gain an understanding of the theory and practice behind the balancing of costs with revenue in order to achieve the highest possible operating profit.
- Financial Management and Control
This module explains how to measure and compare financial performance and use knowledge of an entity’s cost in operational and strategic management. It explores cost management and analysis, costing methods and control, strategic planning, decision making, and budgeting. You will consider budgetary preparation and financial control, develop an understanding of how to appraise investment opportunities, and make business financing decisions and of the role of working capital.
Work-based learning opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Project and Change Manager
- Trainee Digital/International Marketing
- Trainee Project Consultant
- Trainee Supply Chain Manager or Logistics Manager
- Trainee Financial Manager
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 Ph.D./MPHIL in Advance Management and Logistic
- Prerequisites: No