MSc Management (Standard)
This Management MSc is delivered entirely online, with a flexible learning model that delivers academic content on demand. This means that you can study for your Master’s degree from anywhere in the world, on mobile or desktop, and can fit your studies around your work and family life. Crucially, this enables you to continue to earn and advance in your career whilst you study.
The course benefits from the world-leading research excellence and is underpinned by our outstanding student support capability, with a dedicated student success coordinator allocated to every single online student to support them from enrolment right up to graduation.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
Course Code: MMG7053
Course type: Standard
Course fee: £12,300
Course duration: 2 year
Course delivery: Online and work placement
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognized degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years of relevant organizational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management, etc
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Not more than 5 years before your application)
This MSc Management course will help you to shape your leadership and management skills to become an effective manager and leader in the 21st-century business environment. You will gain a deep understanding of the core business subjects, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice. You will learn how managers are agents of change, innovators, and social and business entrepreneurs, and how they are critical, challenging, independent, and creative thinkers.
What you will be studying
- Managing and Leading People
This module focuses on the relationship between individual performance and organizational policies and practices. It looks at various aspects of recruitment and retention, organizational culture, motivation, and reward. It examines leadership and performance management and considers the changing role of the line manager. Finally, the module covers flexibility and change in the context of the organization’s internal and external environments.
- Business Leadership
Successful professionals have different approaches to their work, sharing a range of diverse personality traits, attributes, and beliefs. These underpin skills proficiency but cannot in themselves be described as ‘skills. However often they are central determinants of an individual manager’s effectiveness and are developed consciously over time. This module encourages you to develop a strong sense of self-awareness of your own strengths and weaknesses as a manager and a colleague. In addition, it seeks to help you to develop and improve a range of definable skills that are pivotal to successful management practice and to effective leadership in particular.
- Innovation and Growth
This module provides an in-depth analysis of the drivers of economic growth, focusing on the key role of innovation and business research and development. It explains the nature of the relationships between innovation, research, and development activities and growth and details how innovation can be the engine of growth at all levels of an organization. The module combines the strategic with the operational to demonstrate how innovative activities can lead to attaining competitive advantage and how business research and development activities can sustain growth regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
The future success of the national and global economy is largely dependent on a new generation of entrepreneurs and innovators developing new ideas and making them a reality. This module focuses on teaching the skills and knowledge required to successfully set up a business and equally the skills to become an intrapreneur and to drive innovation and change from within an organization. Entrepreneurial qualities have never been more important or more in demand within existing companies and this module is designed to help you to develop these skills and make yourself a more valuable asset in the employment market.
- Operational Management
Operations management is the administration of business practices designed to establish the highest level of efficiency within an organization. It focuses on the conversion of materials and labor into goods and services as effectively and efficiently as possible in order to maximize profit. This module focuses on the theory and practice behind the balancing of costs with revenue in order to achieve the highest possible operating profit.
- Management Consulting
Management Consulting is an innovative and skills-based module that focuses on active student involvement in the development and practice of the consultancy skills necessary to be a successful manager and consultant. The module encourages you to become an involved participant in learning about the essential skills necessary to compete in today’s commercial environment.
Work-based learning opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Project and Change Manager
- Trainee Digital/International Marketing
- Trainee HR Management
- Trainee Performance Manager
- Trainee Financial Manager
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 Ph.D./Masters of Research in Advance Management and MBA
- Prerequisites: No