MSc Management and Finance (Standard)
The online MSc Management with Finance course has been specifically built to provide busy working professionals with the opportunity to learn how to successfully manage, lead, strategize and innovate within the Finance discipline without having to give up the day job. The course is delivered entirely online with a flexible learning model. This enables you to study from anywhere in the world without ever needing to visit campus. It also means that you can study whenever suits you, on desktop or mobile – on your commute, your lunch break, or at the weekend – studying around work and family commitments.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
Course Code: MF093
Course type: Standard
Course fee: £12,300 per year
Course duration: 2 year
Course delivery: Online and work placement
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognized degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years of relevant organizational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management, etc.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Not more than 5years before your application)
This MSc Management with Finance course helps you to develop your leadership and management skills, examining how aspiring leaders in finance can become effective managers and leaders in the modern world of work. With a focus on management and leadership within the finance sector and finance functions, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of management accounting, financial management, and control. You will be introduced to topics such as effective decision making and operations management as well as entrepreneurship and the process of starting a new business.
What you will be studying
- Financial Management and Control
This module looks at the systems of internal measures put in place by those responsible for financial management. By managing risk, these measures seek to ensure that financial and other resources are used in regular, ethical, economical, and effective ways that are to the benefit of the business and support its objectives. The module examines Financial Management and Control, the system which directs and controls the financial effects of budget user’s operations in a way that ensures that they support business success.
- Accounting and Financial Management
This module introduces key accounting and financial management concepts and principles. It enables you to understand the nature of financial information, identify relevant economic events, determine the most appropriate financial measures for those events, and analyze the effects on a firm’s performance and financial position. The module helps you to understand the appropriateness and the advantages or shortcomings of various accounting and financial management techniques and tools. It also helps you to understand how to use these techniques and tools accordingly to make value-creating decisions for your organization.
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
The future success of the national and global economy is largely dependent on a new generation of entrepreneurs and innovators developing new ideas and making them a reality. This module focuses on teaching the skills and knowledge required to successfully set up a business and equally the skills to drive innovation and change from within an organization. Entrepreneurial qualities have never been more important or more in demand within existing companies and this module is designed to help you to develop these skills and make yourself a more valuable asset in the employment market.
- Operational Management
Operations management is the administration of business practices designed to establish the highest level of efficiency within an organization. It focuses on the conversion of materials and labour into goods and services as effectively and efficiently as possible to maximize profit. This module focuses on the theory and practice behind the balancing of costs with revenue to achieve the highest possible operating profit.
- International HRM
International human resource management is the process of procuring, allocating, and effectively utilizing human resources in a multinational corporation. If the multinational corporation is simply exporting its products, with only a few small offices in foreign locations, then the task of the international HR manager is relatively simple. However, in global firms, human resource managers must integrate human resource policies and practices across several subsidiaries in different countries so that overall corporate objectives can be achieved. This module focuses on the issues, strategies, developments, and practices adopted by different organizations and applied in a range of different institutional contexts.
Work-based learning opportunities
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Project and Change Manager
- Trainee Digital/International Marketing
- Trainee HR Management
- Trainee Performance Manager
- Trainee Financial Manager
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 Ph.D./Masters of Research in Financial Management and MBA
- Prerequisites: No