MSc Management with Marketing (Standard)
The course has been carefully designed with busy working professionals in mind and is entirely geared towards unlocking management and leadership success and progression into sought after marketing leadership roles. Every single student is allocated a dedicated student success coordinator to support you from the moment you enroll to the moment you graduate. You will be introduced to topics such as effective decision making and operations management as well as entrepreneurship and the process of starting a new business.
The course is delivered entirely online with a flexible learning model. This enables you to study from anywhere in the world without ever needing to visit campus. It also means that you can study whenever suits you, on desktop or mobile – on your commute, your lunch break, or at the weekend – studying around work and family commitments.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
Course Code: MMM7014
Course type: Standard
Course fee: £12,300
Course duration: 2 year
Course delivery: Online and work placement
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognized degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years of relevant organizational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management, etc.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Certificate should not be more than 5 years old at the time of your application)
This MSc Management with Finance course helps you to develop your leadership and management skills, examining how marketing leaders can become effective managers and leaders in the modern world of work With a focus on leadership in marketing, you will gain a deep understanding of international marketing, marketing management, and global integrated marketing communications. You will also develop a comprehensive understanding of core business disciplines, enabling you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practice.
What you will be studying
- Managing and Leading People
This module focuses on the relationship between individual performance and organizational policies and practices. It looks at various aspects of recruitment and retention, of organizational culture, motivation, and reward. It examines leadership and performance management and considers the changing role of the line manager. Finally, the module covers flexibility and change in the context of the organization’s internal and external environments.
- Cross-Cultural management
Cross-cultural management is the study of management in a cross-cultural context. Its focus is on the influence of societal culture on managers and leaders and on their practice. This module looks at how cultural differences influence behavior and communication and focuses on developing managers who are effective in cross-cultural environments. At the end of the modules, you will have a critical understanding of these influences and will be able to recognize the skills necessary to take advantage of a multicultural work environment.
- Operational Management
Operations management is the administration of business practices designed to establish the highest level of efficiency within an organization. It focuses on the conversion of materials and labor into goods and services as effectively and efficiently as possible to maximize profit. This module focuses on the theory and practice behind the balancing of costs with revenue to achieve the highest possible operating profit.
- International Marketing
The increasing importance of international exchange and transactions means that many businesses, regardless of size, direct their attention to the international marketplace but this requires a different set of marketing skills than those required for domestic marketing. The international marketer faces numerous challenges including; cultural diversity, complex marketing environments, constant shifts in market requirements, newly emerging markets, and difficult marketing mix decisions. This module explores a range of international marketing topics that will enable students to appreciate the involved and multifaceted nature of cross border marketing decisions and the important role of marketing strategies within international business.
- Marketing Management
Marketing management focuses on the practical application of marketing techniques and methods inside business organizations and the deployment of marketing resources and activities. This module explores the marketing planning process as well as a range of marketing concepts and debates. You will reflect on your own buying behavior and how it is impacted by people and events around you. In addition to the skills and knowledge required to develop and implement innovative marketing solutions, you will learn how to ensure customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
Work-based learning opportunities
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Market Research Analyst
- Trainee Brand Manager
- Trainee Production Manager
- Trainee Performance Manager
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 Ph.D./Masters of Research in Management and Marketing
- Prerequisites: No