CV’s & Cover Letters
How To Write A GOOD CV
A CV, or curriculum vitae, is an important document for any job seeker. It is the first impression you make on a potential employer, so it needs to be well-written, concise, and informative. Here are some tips to help you write a great CV
- Begin by listing your contact information at the top, including your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Write a summary of your work experience and the skills you have acquired.
- List all of your educational qualifications, including any degrees you have earned and any courses you have taken.
- Highlight the skills you have that are relevant to the job you are applying for. Make sure to include any certifications or special training you have.
- Include all of your previous jobs and the dates you worked there.
- If you have any specific accomplishments, such as awards or honours, include those in your CV.
- Make sure to read your CV carefully and make any changes or corrections necessary.
How To Write A Cover Letter
A job application cover letter is a short, one-page document that accompanies your resume when you apply for a job. The job application cover letter is your chance to make a personal impression on a potential employer. It should be tailored to the specific job opportunity and should highlight your most relevant qualifications.
When writing your job application cover letter, there are a few key points to keep in mind:
1. Begin with a statement of why you are interested in the job and the company.
2. Explain why you would be a good fit for the position.
3. Highlight your relevant qualifications and experience.
4. End with a call to action, such as requesting an interview.
Your job application cover letter should be concise and to the point. Avoid repeating the same information that is in your resume. Focus on the specific skills and qualifications that make you the right person for the job.
When you have finished writing your job application cover letter, proofread it carefully. Check for spelling and grammar errors and make sure the letter is professional and error-free.
By following these tips, you can create a well-written and effective job application cover letter that will help you stand out from the competition.